Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please clarify things for me?? I got Emmer (my white keet) about...four months ago, thinking it was a girl. Come to find out, ya'll informed me that I was totally wrong!! LOL So, I got this new no name. I thought I was on the right track. I thought I'd gotten a girl. (I totally want to breed when it's time...LOL) Anyway, a lot of you said that it was indeed a girl because the white on her cere. A few of you also told me that I was wrong (once again...:)) and that no name is a boy because of the purple-ish cere. That few told me that with this particular coloring, the general sex rules don't apply. Can anyone explain the whole white mutation to me because I am OH SO confused? LOL Here are some good pictures, I think,

Emmer

No name

So, do I have two females?? Or am I wrong again? LOL

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Emmer is a recessive pied male. His cere will stay pink throughout his life because of his mutation

No name is a dominant pied. Looks male in this picture. A male dominant pied's cere will turn blue when he matures

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****, I was hoping for breeding. Well, I'm glad that I finally got closure about boys/girls nonsense! LOL, thank you so much, Nev!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
As Nev said you have 2 boys

when looking for a female when they're young like these 2 are you want very LIGHT colored ceres. normally anything darkish Like dark translucent pink is a boy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.