Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: He just came home from the vet a couple minutes ago. Gave him a warm bath to remove all medicine that ran down his feathers. He shortly passed away...

I took Coco to the vet yesterday because I noticed he became fatigued very quickly after flying and fell when he couldn't make it to his destination and heard some wheezing. I've been taking him to the vet quite often this year and now all of a sudden, he has an abnormal tissue growth in his gonad region. They told me it's cancer. I couldn't stop crying yesterday. How is this possible? Why was it never detected? I'm not going to euthanize him. I'm keeping him home where he wants to be. What can I do? Anyone know any information on this diagnostic?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She said that nothing could be done since it was very large and taking up a huge chunk of his body space. He had trouble breathing because he had no space. He's already had an enlarged live and thyroid which was being treated with medication and milk thistle so I thought maybe it was his liver and they can do surgery or something. But cancer and? Never expected that. She said there's no chemotherapy for birds. Either euthanasia or he would suffer the consequences that followed.

·
Super Moderator
5,280 Posts
I see your edit, so sorry about Coco. I had a budgie years ago with the same issue, unfortunately budgies are prone to cancer and there is no remedy for it. 😥

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.