Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have a questions that I hope some of you will be able to answer. In early April I bought my newest bestfriend, Baby from a great breeder, she is now nearly 3 months old. Weeks into getting her I noticed she would sneeze, about 5-10 times per day and with discharge. She also had tail bobbing :( I went to my avian vet and we did what my paperwork I received called an Aerobic Culture Swab. My vet told me that if she had any respiratory infections that the test would show it. A week later I got a call back saying that nothing unusual came up with her test, and that she looks perfectly healthy to him and he would recommend that I wait to see if she improves?? She is fine besides the sneezing, and even that has calmed down. I havn't seen discharge since after we visited the vets, but she does occasionally sneeze (2-3 times per day, don't notice discharge) I do notice that she does still tail bob.
I'm just so worried that something may be wrong and I'm not helping her... I was hoping somebody could recommend any further tests I could do on her to find what may be the cause of the tail bobbing and occasional sneezing. My vet mentioned bloodwork, I would love and appreciate a second opinion from my friends at TB!

Thanks so much, I hope I'm just being a worried Momma, I can't lose my bestfriend!

Attached is a photo of her playing with paper towel, ooooh how she looooves paper towel!!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! I will surely try to get a video of her tail bob, shes such an active little girl that it's nearly impossible unless shes sleepy! :p Her breathing seems normal, she does have rapid breathing only after doing some flight laps around my house though :) Her mouth is not opened when she breathes, and she isn't fluffed besides when she sleeps. Droppings are normal as well. My avian vet said everything looked normal for her, he checked her heart beat as well and said it is normal (If that helps?) :D I'm glad to know that sometimes it can be normal, and I hope this is my case, since my vet said everything looks perfect.. I still worry though that there may be another test we can try to see. Thank you so much for your reply!:):budgie:

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.