Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best I can do is a link, this is on my breeding journal but I guessed not many people would look at it so here it is :D My first egg is definitely fertile! helllooooooo little chicky!

Edit: I managed to get a better video, the other phone can't pick up the embryo at all but I was more prepared this time and you can really see the heart beat, so I have changed the link below to the new video, hello chickadee!

http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/skyejessiephoebe/media/skyejessiephoebe002/Budgieeggday4ofincubation.mp4.html

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
That's awesome, congratulations! :party:

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! This is what I mean about the chick appearing overnight lol, yesterday all I saw was a dark area that may or may not be a chick and some things that may or may not have been veins, having bred pigeons I knew that was the beginning but wow today there's the whole shabang! Veins, embryo, heart beat, I'm over the moon :D

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to try to get a better video from the other phone, I just downloaded that flash light app, which I meant to do yesterday before I saw the heart beat and was all like WHERE'S MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The two year old brought it to me, so thanks to him we have this video hahaha :p

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
How exciting! Or should that be egg-citing :)

This will be so amazing, documenting this soon-
to-be beautiful budgie from the very beginning.
I don't know of anyone who has baby pictures
starting this early! :thumbsup:

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have changed the link on the first post to the new video, at first its a bit blurry but I move back a bit and it becomes clear, much better video of the heart beat :D

I do have sad news though, for some reason egg 2 is addled, I can't see any cracks in the egg, it looks perfect, but it has air bubbles inside, I will discard it in a few days since it looks whole and not a danger to the others, so she can lay another. I have also added the liquid calcium so she can do this without exhausting herself. Still I think she is doing very well so far :D

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couple of pictures of the eggs today. Egg one on day 5 of incubation, the chick is growing! and egg 2 on day 3 of incubation and it has a small embryo with a flickering heart beat and veins!!! Chick two might make it yet, if it does I think that would be a keeper......:p

Attachments

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. How exciting!
Please keep the updates coming?

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do Skye, they might be a bit random though with my work hours :p

I have a journal here:

http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=144993

Just in case you didn't see, it has more photos, including Sukis big behind just before egg three arrived :p I should be able to see if egg three is fertile in two days, and egg four is due tomorrow afternoon, she lays around 2-3pm without fail so far hehe, nice and predictable, thanks Suki haha :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
That was amazing, I didn't know you could see it that early!

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah they grow fast! One day I'm candling and think I see something, the next day veins, embryo, heartbeat, all right there! Luckily the mother started incubating as soon as she laid the first egg so I can be sure of how old the embryos are, I'm so loving this journey! Egg four should arrive this afternoon :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
What an incredible video. Very exciting!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.