Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of videos I took of my pinkies today.

Here's one with all three of them trying to get comfy in the nestbox. Epic fail! And I don't know how Austin's going to go with five of them, as it obviously isn't easy covering three pinkies + two eggs! :D [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIn-cJER-W0"]Pinkies trying to get comfy...but even Mum's efforts don't help - YouTube[/nomedia]

This is baby George, the third in the clutch. He's only two days old but I was surprised by his strength! Poor little guy just wanted the warmth of Mummy. :) [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLgrD9Pp28"]George, two-day-old baby budgie trying to walk - YouTube[/nomedia]

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Aww, it's starting to get crowded as the pinkies grow and your budgie momma is so caring to her babies. It just melts my heart watching Austin tucking the chicks under her. :)
And hearing George's sweet little chirps is really tempting me to put the nest boxes in... but I know it's not the time yet to do so.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww, it's starting to get crowded as the pinkies grow and your budgie momma is so caring to her babies. It just melts my heart watching Austin tucking the chicks under her. :)
And hearing George's sweet little chirps is really tempting me to put the nest boxes in... but I know it's not the time yet to do so.
Thanks aluz! :) It must be very tempting to put the nest boxes in - I understand that now. :p

I'm so proud of Austin - it seems she would do anything to protect her babies and eggs (even if they don't all fit under her anymore :D).

·
Registered
108 Posts
What sweet videos :) George trying to walk melted my heart! Also, any time I watch videos of your babies, Spooky (and ESPECIALLY Bobbin) go nuts! :giggle: I don't know why, maybe the noise of the babies confuses them, or maybe it's their parental instincts kicking in. Either way, it's so funny to hear them chirp so frantically and crane their heads around the room trying to find your pinkies!

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,166 Posts
What a WONDERFUL budgie Mama your lass is. And, she even looks like a tired, frazzled Mum from ANY species - no time to do her hair (feathers), no makeup - too busy looking after her babies! :)

Have the other eggs hatched ?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What sweet videos :) George trying to walk melted my heart! Also, any time I watch videos of your babies, Spooky (and ESPECIALLY Bobbin) go nuts! :giggle: I don't know why, maybe the noise of the babies confuses them, or maybe it's their parental instincts kicking in. Either way, it's so funny to hear them chirp so frantically and crane their heads around the room trying to find your pinkies!
Haha, that's so funny that your birds go nuts when they hear mine! :D Do you want them to breed? If so, you could just play the pinkies on repeat! :D

What a WONDERFUL budgie Mama your lass is. And, she even looks like a tired, frazzled Mum from ANY species - no time to do her hair (feathers), no makeup - too busy looking after her babies! :)

Have the other eggs hatched ?
It's hilarious seeing Austin all frazzled (although I do feel for her as well!). She's done such a wonderful job. The make-up and the hair are history. :D

Yes, the other eggs hatched - there are now five healthy chicks, all fluffing up. :) I have more videos which I will upload soon when I get the chance.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a video I took yesterday of the chicks. There's everything from stretching to chewing wood shavings to stomping on your younger siblings to pooing. And it's a battle for prime position these days. :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH my goodness they are so adorable!!! I want them I want Them how big is the biggest one now even stretching those wings.:budgie:
With those fast-developing wings, I should be able to send him on his way soon. Should only take a few weeks to flap over to WA. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's another video of the not-so-pinkies. They love snuggling on the blanket and their parents decided to find out why they hang out there. :D Even though they know who I am, Cato and Austin aren't tame, so it was a nice surprise that they'd venture over. :)

Reactions: AnimalKaperz

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! Yes, they've done a wonderful job in raising their chicks! :)

Here's a quick video I took on my phone today of a reasonably snuggly Ellington commentating on the cricket. He whistles like this most of the time now. And I can thankfully report that I didn't have to take a shower after letting him sit on my bare skin. :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.