Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
I have moved your thread out of Budgie Talk to Mutations and Genetics :)
I'm pretty sure some of the members who visit this sub-forum frequently have some true violets to show off ;) Hopefully they will come along soon!

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
EEK! :eek: Those spangle violets! They are SO cute!!! :D I am getting a violet sooooon! :D :D :D

I know Lindsey (cutelilbirdies) has one. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have moved your thread out of Budgie Talk to Mutations and Genetics :)
I'm pretty sure some of the members who visit this sub-forum frequently have some true violets to show off ;) Hopefully they will come along soon!
Thank you for moveing it :) I tryed to find the Mutations and Genetics fourm but could not find it :rolleyes:

And you guys have some realy pearty violet budgies :) "I wana get a violet kinda like those violet spangles" :)

·
MOTM December 2011
3,090 Posts
Wow! I never knew you could have violet budgies! Can someone tell me how that mutation happens? What happens if you breed a normal male green budgie and a white/blue recessive pied budgie?

·
Registered
882 Posts
What happens if you breed a normal male green budgie and a white/blue recessive pied budgie?
You might just get green budgies. There's a chance of blue and a chance of recessive pied both on the green or the blue but it depends if your green carries either one. Then there's always a chance of some random recessive popping up that you didn't know about but mostly you'll get green budgies.

Violet is an actual gene that appears on blue. It can change the shade of green budgies but it's hard to tell it's there. Sometimes even on blue it's not so obvious and doesn't show up well in pics depending on the shade of blue.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Not usually. Some breeders might charge more for certain colors but it's not that uncommon of a gene. You can find violet pet store and millbreeder budgies sometimes. I had one from a pet store that I think was violet but it never looked the same in pics.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Here is the photos, pic1 of Gandalf pic 2 is Violet i breed violet but got gandalf from a breeder he is a english budgie.

My violets mum was a colbat (blue budgie)
Poppa was a harliquin (recessive pied sky blue budgie)
result had a violet.
the two budgies n my siggy- princess the white one and clauzie the other one are violets bros and sis from same clutch

Attachments

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Violet is a color adding factor not a actual mutation in itself. So and like stated it is a lot easier to notice it on a blue based budgie

Here's some of Mine
This is Gizmo not only was he my 1st Violet baby born to me he was my very 1st baby born when I started Breeding

Gizmo is a Double Factor Violet - Both of his Parents were Yellow Face Violets

His Girlfriend - born a month after he was

Jessie - Yellow face Violet Opaline

the two of them together

This is Zoe she was a yellow face Violet Cinnamon Opaline

Tweety *My very 1st bird * He's on the left
He's a Cobalt Violet

Gabriel is a Violet Grey Opaline Greywing You could see his violet better when he was younger, when he was younger he looked Silver with purple highlights :giggle:

Shiloh and Faith
Shiloh on the bottom - cobalt violet Opaline
Faith on the top - Violet Double Factor Dominant Pied

Bubblegum & Kirara -
Bubblegum(right) Golden face Cobalt Violet Grey wing
Kirara - Yellow Face Sky Violet Opaline

Raine - Violet Cinnamon Spangle

Apollo - Violet Cobalt Spangle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have any pics of a beutifull colbalt blue and a beutiful viliot blue kinda besides each other? Because i am decideing getting a colbalt blue or a viliot colbalt blue.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just a few of my violets,

Must admit the first show-budgie was a new purchase, not bred like all the others:

1) Mr "V" (Violet Cobalt Blue, normal):-
Budgy02-2011_0129e1ss.jpg

2) "Candy Floss" (Violet Cobalt Spangle):-
Budgy07-2010_0100ee1.jpg

3) "Violet Delight" (Violet Cinnamon Cobalt; cinnamon giving the brown wing markings):-
Budgy02-2011_0240e11s.jpg

4) Butterfly (Violet Cobalt/Cinnamon, dad of hen "Violet Delight"):-
Budgy06-2010_0081e1.jpg

5) King George (non-visual Violet, made difficult to see from presence of grey; Grey-Cobalt Spangle; dad of "Candy Floss"):-
Budgy03-2010_0053e1s.jpg

I'm eagerly awaiting chicks from Mr "V"...and this "color adding factor" in the cobalts is my favourite!

Enjoy!
jacodk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.