Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Single factor violet is a light shade
Double Factor is a dark shade

If a budgie is Single factor Violet it means just 1 parent carried it, if its double factor both parents carried it

it just basically changes the color tone

Example: Sky blue budgies - are Very light Teal blue looking But add the violet Factor and they look a lot darker

Here's a normal Sky blue

here is a Violet Sky Blue

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The difference between double factor violet and single factor violet can not always be visually identified with any certainty. Sometimes a single factor violet will appear more violet than a double factor and vice versa. The shade is effected by the dark factor so that is more likely to be the difference you can see.

One pair I had that I thought were both double factor violets produced a non violet chick which proved that they were both single factor. The most purple bird I've ever owned was a single factor violet

When two single factor violets are bred together only 25% of the chicks will be double factor violet

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Here are some of my birds, not sure if these pictures will help you:
Single Factor Violets:
The two birds on the left are both Single Factor Violets:

These ones are Double Factor Violet:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
How can you tell that the bottom one is a violet? She looks almost lighter in the pic to me then the top one?
the flash did that - she's not that bright

I know she's violet because one of her parents were and I now have babies from her and the male shes with who is also carrying the violet factor and so far at least 2 of their 4 babies are Violet and one is a double factor Violet - You can't get a double factor violet if only 1 parent is violet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.