Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i was wondering, i have a medium grey **** & a violetsky hen, Nev said that i can get violetgreys from this pair?! i have heard of violetsky, violet, violet cobalt, violet mauve but never have i heard of violetgrey?! can someone let me know what violetgreys look like please?? & has anyone got a pic of a violetgrey budgie??
thanks!! :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A violet grey is a bird that has both the violet and the grey colour adding factors added to it's normal blue base colour. Often they are hard to identify except when they are moulting, some will look more violet & some will look grey. I have a **** bird that I thought was grey but some of his chicks were violet which proved he had both mutations. When he was about 4 years old he moulted and just looked violet. Both mutations are dominant so if you breed a vioet grey to a blue you will get violet, grey, blue & violet grey chicks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok nev, thanks!! have you got a pic of that ****?? i would love to see what they look like! do violetgreys look more like mauves??
thanks! :D

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Nev thinks Bella is a violet grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Here is a photo of my male Dusty. He is a opaline yellow face type two violet grey. It is hard to see the violet in the photo but it is bright near his vent.

Here is a photo of my hen Storm. Storm is an opaline sky blue violet grey.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Violet is a really difficult color to get on photo, it is near purple but it always turns out blue on a photo.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Mika is a violet grey according to Nev, and as he stated already, sometimes one colour will show more than the other, in Mika's case it is violet:

When she had chicks however, her last chick turned out grey and that is when I found it that she had the grey gene as well, Here is her chick: He is the one on the right:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.