Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to breed more double factor violets. I just love the brilliant purples they can throw. I have bred one opaline violet from pairing my male Prince and my female Stella. But that's it, just one. Most of the other chicks turn out single factor. So I have a couple birds with double and single factor violet. What I'm trying to get is the highest percentage of violets. And I need help determining what pair to breed. Any help would be great. So here they are...

Females
Violet Dominant pied, recessive pied, grey wing, double factor violet

Stella Opaline, single factor violet

Males
Prince Normal, single factor violet/split for greywing

Dusty Opaline, yellow face type two, grey, single factor violet/split for recessive pied and cinnamon

·
Registered
184 Posts
Seems to me your best bet would be the white and purple female and the yellow face male. However, I am no expert and sometimes there is no predicting what will come out of any gene pool. I do have a couple of violet budgies, but they are still babies and will not be breeding until next year. Good luck. Your birds are very pretty, by the way, and any babies will probably be unique and lovely colors.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The rest of the budgies color is irrelevant except for how visually violet they will appear. A DF violet to a SF violet will give you approximately 50% SF and 50% DF. A DF to a DF violet will give you 100% DF violet. All the other genes making up the rest of the color are just icing on the cake at this point. They don't impact what violet genes the bird is carrying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.