Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from a 4 month separation with my 2 budgies, my mom took care of them while I was overseas, and they seem perfectly fine. However, when i came home today I noticed my female throwing up seeds. She would bob her head (almost in a regurgitation manner) and undigested seed and little liquid would come out, which she promptly shook her head to get rid of, flinging it all over the cage. It went on for at least a couple mins that I could see, and who know how long before when I was gone, she has since stopped. I had not noticed any abnormal behavior from her, despite her grumpiness of being in a moult, and my other budgie (they share a cage) seems fine. I emailed my vet for some advice, but figured I would post here too. She is a little quiet and fluffed up, but not super concerningly so, she is still preening and moving around. If my vet tells me she need immediate attention i will bring her to the emergency vet, but if not I will just make an appt for tomorrow. Is it possible she was just feeling a little unwell and will be okay now? I will be monitoring her from now on until I hear back from the vet, and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.