Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im still confused :S about mutations and stuff so i wanna know what kind of mutation my momma and papa bird has.. a few days more their egg will hatch so i wanna check the mutation table

this is the male

this is the female

sorry for the side view shes a camera shy lol

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Lovely birds! I'd say Dad is a yellowface type II sky blue dominant pied, and mom is a sky blue opaline.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Mom is an opaline sky blue. Dad is a YF2 sky blue dominant pied and maybe also spangle. Maybe also opaline. It's hard to see the wing markings. Can you post a photo of him from the back?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the reply guys ^^ sure i'll get it soon..wow i guessed a bit right abt the mom abt the opaline lol but abt the dad i was so confused, i noticed his cheek mark on the right he doesnt have and on the left he has markings..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as promised the wings/back picture..sorry not the whole back.. hes not tamed so its hard to take his picture

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Definitely opaline. Can tell on the spangle from those pics. In the second photo you posted I swear I see a spangle marking. Idk.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow he got a lot of genes lol thanks for that i'll try to figure out abt the spangle thing :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The white cheek patch on the other side of dads face is it another kind of mutation?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The mom is a sky violet opaline, and the dad a sky violet opaline, sf dominant pied, sf spangle, sf yellowface II :)

Are these old pictures? I hops so, as they both look VERY young to be breeding if not. There are many more complications that can happen with a pair that is not mature enough just yet to breed :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
yes lindsey that was an old pic.. it was taken last dec when i bought them from the pet store.. in that cage i have 1 more pair.. but now they have a cage of their own.. i have taken a new pic, can you tell if they are ok to breed? or in what month of age they can be?

since i took out their nest box cause of the infertile eggs, if they are still young, i will not put the nest box back..
and also should i separate them to prevent unwanted mating? i cn just put the divider in the middle if its needed..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.