Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
The parents (first two pics)

The male is a Skyblue Yellow face Type 2 (Or perhaps GoldenFace). The female is a Opaline cobalt. Possibly violet.

Now the babies shown are all Recessive pied. So that means both the male and female are split for recessive pied as it takes two copies of the gene for it to show on the babies.

The baby in the 4th picture is a Sky blue Recessive pied with Yellow face type 1 it seems like. Though it might spread. It's kinda hard to tell what type of Yellow face it has. But it definately has yellow face.

The baby in the 5th picture is a Cobalt Violet Recessive pied.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello I am new and have some trouble understanding the color thing, I believe I have a yellowface- Turq. male and a violet female . What color are they babies and why are their wings mostly white they all have color on the body but the look all white.:):););) First 2 pics are parents. 2 of the chicks white feathers are turning yellow I am assuming yellowface the other 3 are staying white.
Wow your birds are amazing mate, please can you read my thread in the Emergency Room forum. If you have any experience with sicknesses (not a word, I know :eek:) or even not man I just need to discuss my budgie with someone

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Bird #1 is a golden face, sky, ****. - go back to grade school when you got to mix paints. What happens when you start to put yellow in your blue? It starts to turn green.

Bird #2 is an opaline cobalt or possibley sky violet, hen. YOU will have to tell us. Put her under natural sun light. IF there is an irrodescent sheen over her rump/tail area she is a violet sky.

Last bird is a violet, recessive pied, ****.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
babies

Thanks for the responses, so if the babies are all pied Then the white isn't going to go away, right?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I agree with the others and no the white will not go away on the babies.

However I am concerned with your handling methods of the birds, as you appear to be holding them by their wings, this is dangerous for the birds and if they struggle you can easily injure them, there are effective safe restraining methods for birds if needed.

·
Administrator
55,566 Posts
Please advise if you want this thread regarding your budgies mutations closed since you've now deleted your first post. :S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.