Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to find another way to give Avocado her drinking water. I use the water silo Insight Clean Water Silo Bird Waterer | Water Bottles | PetSmart and I notticed how dirty the bottom was so I changed it out this morning. A little later I noticed it was even dirtier. She was sitting on the perch eating and the water feeder was totally full of debris.

Upon further review I discovered she is bringing up the pellets and putting them in the water to soften and then she eats them. They just swell up in the water and its like a mash. So I am going to put in a small SS water bowl to help.

Silly girl :).

Her beak is almost normal colored now, 99% of the black is gone. I see a little more color coming in above the beak area also. Will try and post a picture later.

·
Administrator
59,672 Posts
All my lovebirds put their food in their stainless steel water dishes, Rick. I end up changing out their water 2-3 times each day. :rolleyes:

I tried using the Lix-It Water Bottles
Feeders and waterers for pet birds; water dishes, cups, bottles: Lixit
but I was unsuccessful in getting mine properly attached to the F040 cages so they didn't leak. :(
I was actually considering getting a couple of them back out this week to try again.

You, however, are much handier than I so you might find they work very well for you.

Good luck and let me know how things go for you. :wave:

·
Administrator
59,672 Posts
Hey, Rick!

I wanted to let you know that I decided to re-try the Lix-It Bottle on Pedro and Poppy's cage. After the initial leakage when I first attached it to the cage, it's been just fine. :thumbsup:

The only time it leaks a little is when I'm jarring the cage around as I move it from the bedroom to the bathroom for their daily out of cage time. :)

Of course, Pedro and Poppy don't know how to use it yet but I'm hoping one of them will get curious and try it soon. :giggle:
If they do, then I'll try one of my other ones on Peachy's cage.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of sweet little Avocado!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.