Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of what he says you may not understand because he also speaks Dutch, my son's name is Jay and we call him the Dutch version of little Jay which is Jaytje, Wedgie asks for him.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEyCp6xsqDw&feature=em-upload_owner"]Talking bird Wedgie Wedgewood - YouTube[/nomedia]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello!

I had Wedgie when he was about six to eight weeks old and started with 'pretty boy' that is very easy for them to say, I think it was about six weeks later that he started talking, the first couple of times I wasn't sure then he got clearer and clearer, I have ADHD so talk all the time which helps when teaching budgies!!:D

Wedgie has a fantastic repertoire but he is camera shy, I will try to get a better one when he is not looking. [some chance] He only has to hear a word or sentence a few times and he can say it perfectly, he also remembers things that I have forgotten teaching him, he came out with "Happy Christmas" and "Jingle Bells" yesterday, he must be practicing for Christmas, he also picks up things that I say to him as a matter of course, "going shopping, be back in a minute" "there you go Wedge" and "have you got cold tootsies?" He has started biting me lately to get attention and he is jealous when I talk to my son or partner on Skype and shouts over them, bad boy but I love him to bits, he will tell you that too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.