Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I was planning on getting a Betta fish for my dorm. Well, I'm excited to say he is here! I had to drive an hour each way to get him, but it was totally worth it. These aren't the best pictures (just taken with my phone) but I can try to update in the future since I need a new animal subject to photograph :p

The setup in our dorm (peep the fish paintings from earlier and, of course, my Hamilton poster). We went for a natural aquarium with live plants and driftwood.

We (my roommate and I) named our fish Picasso since he has so many colored streaks it reminded us of paint

He is already showing personality-yes, fish have personalities. Here he is taking a nap on this rock.

And...surprise! We got another little friend for the aquarium. I've always kept Bettas and African Dwarf Frogs together since they live peaceably together. Everyone, meet Fernando! We're constantly singing the song from ABBA/Mamma Mia. He'll stand on his hind legs like this and just watch us, like a lil human being.

And because I have some random clips of video, I threw it together for your enjoyment...it's a bit rough but I'm a college student with limited time :giggle:

Oh, and we also bought an air plant to add more life to the dorm

Lastly, there are bunnies all over campus! This lil guy was separated from the rest so we helped him along. Isn't he absolutely adorable?!:001_wub:

• Love
Reactions: JuneBird

·
Super Moderator
4,807 Posts
Picasso is beautiful, and the frog is so cute, as well as the bunny. It must feel strange not having your previous pets there with you. Something tells me that as time goes on there might be some new additions and barely enough space for you and your roommate to squeeze in.:giggle:

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,764 Posts
Katie, Picasso is beautiful! :love: Fernando.. I had to giggle. How cute! :D Then there are those gorgeous betta paintings there in the background, done by some professional I’m sure ;). Love that air plant too! Way to make the most of your dorm!

·
Administrator
57,891 Posts
Your dorm room looks great.
Picasso and Fernando are very handsome and it's wonderful they are able to live together.
And, of course, I'm totally smitten with the little bunny. :giggle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.