Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's one more, right? :D :eek: :nuts: :tongue: :hammer:

Introducing "Bean", short for Bouncing Bean :) He is a 3 month old Peach Faced lovie. The breeder said she's 95% sure it's a boy because he attempted to mate with his sister :eek: This house just got a little more crazy (and LOUD!) but he is just the cutest little thing :)

He decided to take a bath in his water dish :p

· Member of the Month April 2014
3,538 Posts
Aww just look at this Beanie Baby's face! He is one lovely lovie :love:

Congrats again on another fine addition to your flock, LooneyBirdJill!:2thumbs::whoo::duhh::congrats: :nuts::D

· Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,742 Posts
Yay, I'm happy to finally being able to congratulate you on little Bean's arrival and welcoming you to the never ending joy of lovebird ownership!! :party::woot:
I see Bean has already made himself quite at home, judging by how fast he jumped into the water to take his bath. :D
I hope he continues to bring you much happiness and ends up being the perfect fit to your flock. :)

LOVEBIRDS RULE!!

· Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is adorable, he LOVES attention and head rubs :) he makes these cute little spider monkey cheeping sounds when he is stepping onto us or when he's on our shoulder. He likes to be on our heads though so that is his first training rule going into effect :rolleyes: he also doesn't really understand the difference of climbing on our shirt or climbing on our FACE :eek: (including ears, ouch) but yes he seems to be settling in well, hopefully he doesn't have too stubborn of a "toddler" stage and learns the basics quickly :) I want to train him to do some tricks eventually, he has SO much energy so I think that would be a good outlet for him!

· Servant of The King
11,900 Posts
He is one handsome little fellow....my lovebird fever just blew the thermometer right out of my mouth...:love:

Congrat's...5 is a nice number...;)

· Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hoping everything will go ok, the breeder said if there are any issues at all, even behavior, that should would take him back with no hard feelings. It's good to know that is an option because I don't want to put my current birds in jeopardy of getting injured. So far he seems content being in his cage when he needs to be and when he gets too nippy I just put him back in and he settles right down. For those of you who have had young lovies, is this just a stage he goes through? he's almost like pushing his limits to see what he can get away with (like climbing on my head, I just bring him down every time but sometimes he gets angry with my hands afterwards)

· Registered
12,338 Posts
All of these adorable love bird pictures and stories is not helping my fixation on the cute little birds. I can't stop thinking how lovely they are , but I am sure Budget would not see it that way > For now I will content myself with seeing all of your fantastic pictures and reading the entertaining stories they bring to TB.:budgie:

· Super Moderator
20,042 Posts
Aww, little Bean is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! :love: Welcome to LOVEBIRDS RULE...Although I technically don't have any authority to say that since I don't actually own one...Someday, maybe...:giggle:

· Administrator
60,477 Posts
Yaaay!! Congratulations, Jill!

Bean is simply precious and I know you will love having him as part of your family.

I'm looking forward to seeing LOTS more pictures of that darling little cutie!

Bean looks like a mischievous little Leprechaun in the last picture where he's all wet from his water dish!
His cheek feathers look like a little orange beard. :laughing:

· Member of the Month June 2015
2,460 Posts
Look at him! He's delighted with himself after his bath!:D
Bean is so cute and I have a feeling will be full of mischief! The name no doubt is spot on :D

· Registered
196 Posts
Welcome to Bean! And welcome to your ownership of a new lovie! They're so cute like that, before they get their caps, they have such a baby face :)
Reminds me of getting my own, Belle, it's so exciting! :D

· Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He is definitely a BIG personality bird! I fully understand now when people talk about lovebirds (and even parrotlets) being "large birds in a little body"! He makes his presence known for sure! We are still learning each other, last night he was kind of a terror when he was out around dinner time but I just got home and now he's taking a sweet nap on my shoulder :)

Has anyone ever used a flight suit on their lovebird? With the weather being nice now, I would love to begin taking him to the park safely :) I think it might be good entertainment for him!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.