Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to stop in at the exotic bird store right near my house. This place usually always has budgies (standard not English), and they usually have hand fed ones. Today they had a lot of hand fed babies. They had a beautiful selection with some very interesting and gorgeous mutations.

I noticed that many of them were nippy. They were tame and would step up for me right away without hesitation, but weren't nearly as well mannered once on the finger as my Mink and Chip are ;).

I actually went in looking for furnishings for Chip's cage after quarantine, but didn't find anything I wanted. It was fun looking at the birds though. I wanted to take home several more budgies and the prettiest color mutation Green Cheek Conures. They were so tiny and cute! :love:

Then I had to slap myself to remember that at home I'm maxed out already with my beloved birds. I have 3 medium sized parrots, and 2 English budgies, and for the foreseeable future anyway, I cannot have any more birds! I have a double flight cage, and I envisioned putting Mink and Chip in one side, and more budgies in the other side, but no no... I can't do that.. I had to tear myself away, and out the door I ran. :undwech:

Another successful member of the Budgaholics Support Group. Thanks for the support guys! :thumbsup:

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,539 Posts
Is this Fran's or Omar's store?:)

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
Way to go, Julie! I'm so glad you got your budgie fix without finding yourself having to be responsible for another little bird! :eek:

All you've got to do is look at your two beautiful budgies and I'm sure they will take that budgie fever away just so! :p

Nice self control, my friend, I applaud your valiant efforts against temptation :fencing: :clap: :first:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
422 Posts
Ooooh I know exactly where you are coming from with this :eek:hmy: Soo glad my local pet shop doesn't allow you to touch the inmates or my home would be overflowing :wacko:
If all else fails, try this.....

Stand in front of a mirror and repeat these words several times.
"My name is Julie and I am a budgieholic...it has been ****(fill in the blank) days since I dribbled over a new budgie"
It helps :wink1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.