Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Zeus/ Zoe is one of the babies from are current and first clutch. All the other babies mutations are pretty simple but what is Zeus. I was thinking either grey wing, , or cinnamon but Im not sure. Here he is;
Zeus

And an oldest 4 baby pic since I couldn't resiest

Here are his Parents
Bell Colbat violet Domiant pied split for recesive pied

Piper Recesive pied sky blue split for Oplaine

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Zeus is a recessive pied & he could also be greywing but some recessive pieds have light markings which darken when they are adult.

He looks male so it would not be possible for him to be either opaline or cinnamon because sex-linked mutations are only visible in a male if the mother has them

The chicks in the clutch that are showing opaline will be female

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zeus is a recessive pied & he could also be greywing but some recessive pieds have light markings which darken when they are adult.

He looks male so it would not be possible for him to be either opaline or cinnamon because sex-linked mutations are only visible in a male if the mother has them

The chicks in the clutch that are showing opaline will be female
Ok thanks!! I guess will just have to keep him to be sure!:D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I was looking at him and the bottom section of his wings are clear. While his dads have markings does that make him a recessive dominate pied combo?
I considered that possibility but there is nothing obvious that shows positively that he is a combination pied. He could be but you would need to breed from him to be sure either way. His parents probably would produce some combination pieds as well as normals, dominant pieds & recessive pieds

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I considered that possibility but there is nothing obvious that shows positively that he is a combination pied. He could be but you would need to breed from him to be sure either way. His parents probably would produce some combination pieds as well as normals, dominant pieds & recessive pieds
Ok that makes sense but what are the signs you look for to tell if there combination pieds?
oh hannah they so cute whatever the mutation is simply stunning lol
Thanks I love him so much!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys! Zeus is doing very well but he has started to develop iris rings so he must be split for dominate pied or something else entirely. He's ten weeks old now and almost seems lighter in color. If he is just a normal recessive pied baby when will he darken up?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Im sure you got your answer on mutations so, I'm just going to say, very very beautiful colours :) Those are the colours I'm aiming for to have for my last 3 budgies

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.