Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I was hoping you all might be able to tell me what mutation my boys are, I have had a few ideas in my introduction post but was asked for more close up photos of front and back of the birds so I thought I would open a thread in the proper place :) ... I have managed to argue a couple more photos out of my camera (battery says it is dying after 2 photos and switches off :p) I hope the photos are ok .. if not I will try and get some more.

First off we have Pickle, incase it matters or helps at all, his father was a grey bird and his mother was sold to my friend as a rainbow, she has a yellow head and yellow wings with very few pale markings on them and a bluey, purpley body, rubbish description but it the best I can do, sorry :)

Front view

Back view (best I could get, sorry) It is a darker version og the green on his body

Then we have Blitz (blue boy)

His father was a blue bird, he is a really vivid electric blue all over his body and his mum was a pale bird, off white with pale markings on her wings. (you can tell why I am asking for help identifing my two ... I have not even the slightest ideas of mutations :p )

front view

Back view

I can't seem to get a photo that does justice to the colour of his back, it is like his fathers and is a real vivid blue (the reason I chose him as I hoped he would get that colour all over like his dad when he had his first moult, but he didn't :p his front is a paler blue.)

Thank you for taking the time to try and help me out and thanx for any replies in advance :)

Kelly

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Pickle - greywing grey green
Blitz - normal cobalt (or possibly a sky blue violet)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Nev90, with all these different colours and beautiful budgies on this website it is like a whole other world :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.