Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm very positive that Winston is a cobalt spangle - not sure if he is Opaline as well - can't see it.
Confucius is a normal Grey - a beautiful bird!
Juliet is a normal Green, but not sure if she has a dark factor or not - I think so.
They are all very lovely.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Winston- Sky violet spangle- (I would say sky violet because he has the brightness of a violet but not dark enough for a cobalt violet) Here are some examples of what I mean :)

A normal sky blue-

A violet sky blue-

A violet cobalt-

Confucius- Normal grey.
Juliet- Can you post a back pic? She looks like a yellowface grey, possibly cinnamon :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely illustration Lindsey :). I will take a pic of her back when it's day time - would be nice to know for sure if she's a cinnamon.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Winston- Sky violet spangle- (I would say sky violet because he has the brightness of a violet but not dark enough for a cobalt violet) Here are some examples of what I mean :)

A normal sky blue-

A violet sky blue-

A violet cobalt-

Confucius- Normal grey.
Juliet- Can you post a back pic? She looks like a yellowface grey, possibly cinnamon :)
Excellent illustrations. I would like to see a cobalt next to a sky violet. It looks the same to me - so how can you identify them without knowing the parents?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Winston - Spangle sky blue (not opaline but probably violet)
Confucius - Normal grey
Juliet - Opaline cinnamon light green

·
19,551 Posts

Here is the back picture of Juliet - is there anything else you can tell me about her? :)
Tippa, does she have patches of grey all over her front or is it just the pics and is actually more uniform in color? In these pics she has the patchiness of like a yellowface grey http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=88351 but from behind she has the more uniform color of a grey green? I just wondered what she looks like in person :)

Winston - Spangle sky blue (not opaline but probably violet)
Confucius - Normal grey
Juliet - Opaline cinnamon light green
Nev do you not think she is a grey green cinnamon as opposed to light green cinnamon? If not can you explain why so I know what to look for next time as I would have guessed grey green :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Tippa, does she have patches of grey all over her front or is it just the pics and is actually more uniform in color? In these pics she has the patchiness of like a yellowface grey http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=88351 but from behind she has the more uniform color of a grey green? I just wondered what she looks like in person :)

I just had a look at her and she does have patches of grey all over her front so those pictures are correct - pics were taken in natural daylight, no camera flash involved.

·
19,551 Posts
Excellent illustrations. I would like to see a cobalt next to a sky violet. It looks the same to me - so how can you identify them without knowing the parents?
Thanks Dries :) I wish I had a pic of a normal cobalt to compare, but I love violets and all my cobalts are violets sorry :(

In person it is easier to tell because violet does not ususally show well in pics, but violets have a brightness to them that a normal cobalt doesnt in a pic most of the time. You are right though a violet sky looks simalar to a cobalt so it is tricky :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Nev do you not think she is a grey green cinnamon as opposed to light green cinnamon? If not can you explain why so I know what to look for next time as I would have guessed grey green :)
Yes definitely grey green. Sorry, I answered in a hurry and missed that

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I hope will have someday the same knowledge as Lindsey and Nev - Ikm trying so hard, but it seems I can never get it right a 100 %. You 2 rocks!

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
I agree Dries. I have stumbled upon a lot of things in life but stumbling across these two and all others on this forum is amazing.

Oh to sit and chat over a Guiness would be sooooo cool!

Rick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.