Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought it would be lutino but then I read tonight they are the most common.:S I thought you genetic genius types would know and I'm curious...
What's your opinion and why? Are some colors more difficult to produce?

I wonder if it differs in different countries?

I really want an albino one day. I think they are GORGEOUS. I've never seen one in person.

·
Member of the Month July 2008
8,357 Posts
My guess would be rainbows, but I am no expert.:p
I just googled, it is not even a recognized variety.:eek: We need an expert answer here...:p

Sigrid

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Its all down to personal taste, I suppose the newer mutations will be more desired by people, such as your Anthracites, Black Face etc, I wouldn't mind a couple of those :p

Rainbow Budgies are quite difficult to produce as if your starting from scratch they can take a couple of seasons to get, they are a Yellowface or Goldenface Opaline Clearwing Blue Series Budgie. I have some birds that are Greywing instead of Clearwing lol but look equally as stunning.
Some colours will always be less common as they may be hidden in the Genes for a few generations.

However personally for me I LOVE Lacewings, I have found these hard to come by but have finally managed to get a couple again, I also wouldn't mind a Blue Series TCB. :)

·
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,532 Posts
My personal favs are the luts....love the deep yellow ones... I saw 2 albinos at petsmart last night... quite young ones too.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? The violets? The chica who gave me Maybe wanted to give me a violet and two others too.

I have to google blackface. That sounds awesome.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WANT!!!!!

Those are amazing. I can't even fathom what they are going for. And only that one guy, huh? WOW.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Never heard of a Lavender before :s Might just be a fancy name people are giving them.
I have heard people say this before. I think its just what ones who dont know much about genetics yet say they are because they look more like the color lavender than violet when combined with some mutations :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
My personal favs are the luts....love the deep yellow ones... I saw 2 albinos at petsmart last night... quite young ones too.
=O There are two albinos at the petsmart I went to last night too! If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in? :p I just recently started paying attention to the flags on the posts lol cuz I think it' be so cool to know someone here in person!

I personally think spangles are reeeeally pretty..... but that's probably not a surprise? I also really like pieds! Both dominant and recessive :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hmm...

Hmm... My faves are Halfsiders, Spangles, Albinos, and Turquoise colors. I think other peoples ambitions are Halfsiders! If I get another bird it'll be an albino! :loveeyes: LOVE!:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.