Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Mr. Jingles since he was really tiny barely out of the nest I've been told he's a type 2 yellow faced blue and he just had his first malt. He's the prettiest budgie I've ever seen.

The others I got a month ago from my brother who couldn't have them at his new place.
This one is grey with a yellow face. I called her Miss. Jolly.

And these ones are my brothers pair. I haven't named them yet.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have no idea what mutation they are but I just wanted to say your Mr. Jingles looks EXACTLY like my Hunter so I'm curious to see what mutation he is. He has SUCH pretty colors!!! Love the blend on his chest!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would say she is a blue yellow face type 2 also. She is a very pretty bird! I am not experienced enough to judge her wing pattern. I think it is normal??? I'm just learning mutations and the wing mutations really stump me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mr. Jingles is a normal, sky blue, yellow face.

Miss. Jolly looks like an opaline grey blue, yellow face not sure about the wing pattern maybe spangle and what is the patterns color? it doesn't look like normal. Can we have a photo showing her wing?

The male of the pair is an opaline, spangle, grey green
The female of the pair is an opaline, yellow face, blue maybe cinnamon her pattern looks lighter than the normal black.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. she is way too difficult to photograph and always stands facing me unless she runs off will try to get a clear pic of her wing.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
You have a lovely flock!

Mr. Jingles is a yellow face 2 normal sky blue.

I think Miss Jolly is a cinnamon spangle yellow face grey. (The picture of her back helped a lot!)

I think your brother's male bird is a yellow face 2 spangle cobalt. As with Mr. Jingles, the YF2 has turned his blue body color to green.

Your brother's hen is an opaline sky blue. She might be cinnamon, too. (She has lovely throat spots!)

Nev will know all the mutations. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Mr Jingles – Yellow face sky blue
Miss Jolly – Yellow face cinnamon spangle grey
Your brother’s male – Opaline spangle dark green (or possibly olive)
Your brother’s female – Yellow face opaline cinnamon sky blue

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks very much for your help. Mr jingles is so much happier now that I put him in with Miss jolly. He's always singing to her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.