·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boys:

Winter is a FBC Violet Cobalt Greywing?

Sky is Dominant Pied (Violet?) Cobalt

Girl:

Unsure about Vanilla…most likely an Albino female as she has dark red eyes…but also got faint baby bars.

So I wanted to know the possible outcomes in the clutch if I were to breed:

a. Winter and Vanilla
b. Sky and Vanilla.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
I am not good at mutations and mutation outcomes but I'm going to guess that they come out... White and Blue :giggle:

How comes you want to breed them? Have you done all the necessary research? Are they of age? :)

Good luck! I look forward to finding out what their chicks will become.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not good at mutations and mutation outcomes but I'm going to guess that they come out... White and Blue :giggle:

How comes you want to breed them? Have you done all the necessary research? Are they of age? :)

Good luck! I look forward to finding out what their chicks will become.
No, I do not want to breed them, not yet anyway...but if I must pair up one of the boys with Vanilla to keep them in a separate cage and maybe change my mind about not breeding them in the future, I'd like the couple to be bonded already. Vanilla still has to wait about 6 months before she can be ready, but she'll be ready to hang out with the guys in 3 weeks, and my new cage comes in hopefully by Friday, so...lol

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is always difficult to predict what mutations you will get when the hen is an albino because albinos can mask most other mutations.

a. Winter and Vanilla
If the greywing is not split for ino and the albino is not masking or split for any mutations all the chicks would be normal blues. There will only be greywing chicks if the albino is either masking or split for greywing (or dilute)

b. Sky and Vanilla.
If the dominant pied is not split for ino and the albino is not masking or split for any mutations half of the chicks would be normal blues & the other half would be blue dominant pied

The only way you would get any albino chicks from either pair would be if one of the **** birds was split for ino

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is always difficult to predict what mutations you will get when the hen is an albino because albinos can mask most other mutations.

a. Winter and Vanilla
If the greywing is not split for ino and the albino is not masking or split for any mutations all the chicks would be normal blues. There will only be greywing chicks if the albino is either masking or split for greywing (or dilute)

b. Sky and Vanilla.
If the dominant pied is not split for ino and the albino is not masking or split for any mutations half of the chicks would be normal blues & the other half would be blue dominant pied

The only way you would get any albino chicks from either pair would be if one of the **** birds was split for ino
And what if Vanilla is a dark-eyed clear?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.