Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This are my guesses. If you give us full frontal pictures, we can tell you their whole mutation.

1. Normal
2. A pied ( dom or recessve)
3. Greywing
4. Clearwing.
Thank you, what do you mean by normal? Opaline? or is that the mutation, normal?

Oh I know their mutations (the pied is dominant) , but thanks though. It is just I did not get their wing mutations so I thought I would ask

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Normal is just a normal budgie. As in no mutation. Also, how can you know their mutation if you don't know their wing mutations? Front pictures would also help us determine the definete mutation. The two dilute's may be spangle, not sure. I am very bad at dilutes :p

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Normal is just a normal budgie. As in no mutation. Also, how can you know their mutation if you don't know their wing mutations? Front pictures would also help us determine the definete mutation. The two dilute's may be spangle, not sure. I am very bad at dilutes :p
haha, ok These are their pictures.

1)

2)

3)

4)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
haha, ok These are their pictures.

1)

2)

3)

4)

First one is a Yellowface but not sure on body colour as my computor is showing two different colours from the first and second you posted lol, wing markings are normal.

Second one appears to be a Dominant Pied and I'd say Cobalt.

Third one appears to be a Greywing Green.

Fourth one I'd say is a Yellowface type 2 Opaline Spangle Dominant Pied.

But i may be wrong on some of those as my pc screen is throwing funky colours at me lol.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree with the above & I think your 1st one is a Yellow-face Grey.
#2 is your only white so all the others are all Yellow-faces & #3 may also be a type 2 Yellow-face as the yellow is very deep and the yellow washes over the blue turning it green [my Bow is like that].

They are all beautiful - just had to say that.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

the mutations apply to the whole bird, not just to the wings. so if you know the varities then you know what the wings are...

normal = wild type markings
dom pied
greywing
spangle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.