Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member of the Month
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dusty:

Underneath Dustys tail his feathers are a darker blue than his chest if that is of any help.

Snowy:

Both of them:

Sorry for the picture overload. I couldnt help it!:eek:

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Dusty - > Colbalt clearflight pied ( I think or a dom. pied... but im most confedent with the clearflight)

Snowy -> Lutino Dark eye clear ( i think thats how you would say it :) )

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
I'm sorry I know nothing about mutations,but I really love the photo of Snowy in the seashells. So pretty.:)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Dusty is a dominant pied cobalt male (not a clearflight which is a different mutation)

If Snowy has red eyes he is a creamino male (which is the same as type 2 yellow face albino)

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
*Clearflights: If your pied budgie has the white/yellow spot on the back of the head, white/yellow flight feathers (longer feathers on the wings) and a white/yellow tail, it is a clearflight.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
*Clearflights: If your pied budgie has the white/yellow spot on the back of the head, white/yellow flight feathers (longer feathers on the wings) and a white/yellow tail, it is a clearflight.
All pied mutations have a clear spot on the back of their heads. Clearflight pieds do not have a clear band across the front

·
Registered
439 Posts
I reckon Snowy is Lutino too, my Lutino's eye's always came out dark in photos but like you say you can see the red in them when you look closely. Aside from his colour he also looks smaller which Lutinos are. I think they came about from people trying to breed budgies to look like canaries.

·
Mama Bird
1,215 Posts
I know that :p but last time i said dom. with a budgie just like this i was corrected with clearflight :eek:
I agree with Nev- you can see that Reveccaveggie's bird clearly has a band on his front....

On a clearflight, there is no band... like on my Puppy-

No Clear Band on Front

He still has clear flight feathers and a "thumbprint" on the back of his head-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.