Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what are the two color mutations called? The 2nd one is my new addition, BTW :)
Thank you.

Number 1

Number 2

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Number 1 is a yf type 2 mauve greywing
Number 2 is a (i think) yf type 2 sky blue grey wing
Congrats on the new addition :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
They are both so cute. Love their colors.
Congrats on the new addition

I would agree with Tammy on their mutations.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The second little guy looks just like my Tristan and I was told that he's a YF2 Cobalt Greywing, but sometimes the camera doesn't capture the colour just right so it can be hard to tell.

Here's a pic of my budgie, you can almost see the yellow growing in on his belly, and he has even more now.

Attachments

·
<- - Have you met Blooby?
1 Posts
Well they are cute!!
If that helps. :p

I agree with Tammy and Mauro on the mutations, but Ann could be right with your second budgie. Oh and congrats on the new addition. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
1/ Type 2 yellow face greywing mauve male
2/ Type 2 yellow face greywing sky blue male

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barbara, your Tristan has such smooth feathers. Thanks for the pic.

Thank you everyone for your help. So mine is YF type 2 skyblue greywing. Makes sense because his primarily color looks like it should be sky blue but it is changed by the yellow cast making him YF type 2.

Please look at this pic below I found on Internet. This budgie was also named YF type 2 sky blue greywing. If you compare mine (#2 from the pics above) and this one, see how much more yellow mine has on his wings? I am just curious and wondering why. Is it because mine has more yellow bleeding into his body feathers?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Both Tristen and number two budgie are both sky blue and not cobalt,
And in your last post both that pic and your number two are yf type 2 as they have yello running through the belly feathers and there body colour.Yours may have more it just depends on the yellow colour. They are still both type 2 though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.