Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
could i see a pic of the first bird from the front.
If the green bird has a band of yellow across his chest its dominant pied, if not then h/she is clearflight pied. green one is also opaline

no.2 dominant pied sky blue

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how acn you tell if its dominant or recessive i've seen alot of pics like he second one and they allsaid that its recessive pied and the first one is dominant?

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
recessive pied..
you can see that their are markings on the flight feathers, they are quite 'blotchey' and have no iris ring

dominant pied.
they will have an iris ring and a band round their belly also no markings on the flight feathers

double factor dominant pieds.

these will show a lot more white (see above) than the single factor dominant pied. their flight feathers will not have marking and they will have an iris ring

Clearflight pied.
these do have an iris ring. they do not have a band round the belly just white flight feathers (flight feathers shouldbe free from markings)
some may have small coloured spot on their body

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks nev, what are their flight feathers?? because, i'm not sure which one he is?! he has got marked wings, just he's got no markings on the last few feathers!! and he has got markings on his head and neck!
i can describe him, he has got all markings but quite faded or dilute, he has a band of sky blue under his chest, he has black markings on is head and neck with a white tail!! what is he?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.