Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok with the new ones here and all. I was wondering if anyone was willing to tell me what they think they are? Here are a few pics:

The Blue & White one here:

The yellow one in these three. Sorry these are the best pics I could get. Didnt like the camera.

And then these two, I had asked before about these ones but I dont remember what the answer was

Thanks for the input

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Opaline Sky Blue female
Opaline light green female
Opaline pied light green male - need a front view to tell what type of pied
Dominant pied sky blue female

Clearflight pieds and dominant pieds are similar in appearance. They both have clear flight feathers but the markings on their bodies are different

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here is the green one with a front view:

What do their iris rings have to do with what type of pied they are?? I remember reading somewhere that if they have them or they dont helps determine what type. For instance in the last green one he has a light iris that is visible, however my last blue one in the pic does not have nay iris at all. Here is a pic of her yesterday that I took that is a little more close up';

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
They are both dominant pieds. The green one is also opaline. Dominant pieds and clearflight pieds will develop iris rings. Recessive pieds will not develop iris rings

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are both dominant pieds. The green one is also opaline. Dominant pieds and clearflight pieds will develop iris rings. Recessive pieds will not develop iris rings
I guess what I was trying to ask is can a dom pied not develop iris rings?? Our blue one has no iris ring and that is why I was wondering if it was a dom or a res pied

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.