Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i so i just got my first 3 budgies can someone tell me the mutations and gender of them.Thanks!

This is Cash,I think he is a Male
Side View:

Over Head:

From Below:

This is Dolly, It hard to tell if its a boy or a girl because sometimes the cere looks blue and others it looks pink its weird
Over Head:

From Below

And This is Dandy she is a girl Pink-ish cere but in pictures it looks really blue
Side view:

Over head:

From Below:

Sorry if the pictures are to big

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok sorry i tried every setting on my camera but the non flash ok so heres the non flash they are still a little blurry

Dandy the Recessive pied

Dolly the Dominant pied

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Well a hen is a light blue with rings around the nostrils. A male baby all purplish pink, adult males are blue. Recessive pied males are also purplish pink and never turn blue, recessive pied females are the normal light blue with white rings. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

you have a:
light green dominant pied
skyblue opaline dominant pied
cobalt or skyblue double factor dominant pied ( it looks more like this than a rec pied to me)..

they all look like males to me too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Better pictures

Well a hen is a light blue with rings around the nostrils. A male baby all purplish pink, adult males are blue. Recessive pied males are also purplish pink and never turn blue, recessive pied females are the normal light blue with white rings. Hope this helps.
Ok i got some way better pictures i took with my sisters phone
Dandy:

Dolly:

hopefully you can see the cere better now

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
hi there,

you have a:
light green dominant pied
skyblue opaline dominant pied
cobalt or skyblue double factor dominant pied ( it looks more like this than a rec pied to me)..

they all look like males to me too.
I agree toni :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Light green dominant pied male

Skyblue opaline dominant pied male

Skyblue double factor dominant pied male (It is possible that he is a combination of pied types instead of a double factor dominant. Unless you know the parents the only way to be sure is by breeding results)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK well they are all males.Sigh.The breeder i got them from told me they were 2 females and one male.I was planing on breeding them this march so i have to buy a female.But Thanks for the help guys
And i dont no the parents of any of them haha maybe i should ask more questions when i buy my next one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.