Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below are photos of two baby budgies whose parents are Sweetpea (type 2 yellow face opaline dominant pied sky blue) and Bebé(unclear as to what mutation he is).

These are from their second clutch and have been hand-raised. I can't take any credit for the hand-raising part, but they are certainly the sweetest little ones I've come across.

Just wondering if anyone can let me know what they are - male/female, colours. Photo baby1, the first two photos, is a light green almost the colour of a peridot gem, with brown/grey markings on the back. Baby2 is mostly yellow by has some turquoise on his back and clear patch of colour on the back of its head and a few black markings on its back.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Don't know about the colouring but I think you have two female babies!

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
Cute picture of the baby looking out the window. S/he has marvelous coloring. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think first baby is yellow face type 2 cinnamon spangle sky blue.second baby has some pied mutation ,a picture of her wings would help.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first bird is a type 2 yellow cinnamon sky blue. Because cinnamon is a sex-linked mutation it must be a female if you have if you have the mother's mutation right

The second bird is a yellow face dominant pied sky blue - A back photo would help because it looks like it could be recessive pied as well (the two pied types can combine on one bird). I think it is male

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the parents

Below is a photo of the parents. The male is almost completely white with a small grey marking on one of its wings.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.