Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to see if anyone knew possible outcomes from these two birds.

First, male, dark eyed (over a year old no sign of iris rings). He is mostly white with just a splotch of blue on his butt (dominant pied?). As you can see his wings are splotched.

His mother was dominant pied just like him, same wings, dark eyed, and just a bit more blue.

His Father is a normal blue, normal winged, Opaline.

The girl, sorry for the horrible pic! I know she grey wing (possibly light cinamon but I doubt it) yellow face type 2 (spread through her body). She is blue, yellow face, very light coloring possibly from the grey? Other than being grey, top of her wings look normal, but her flight feathers (longest ones) are a very light yellow-off white color (clear flight?). Father and mother unknown.

What would the babies look like (or possibilities of the babies coloring) from these two?

Thank you!! ^_^

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The male is an opaline recessive pied sky blue (not dominant pied)
The hen is T2 yellow face opaline greywing sky blue & she is either clearflight pied or dominant pied (both are dominant mutations)

The chicks will all be sky blue opalines, about half will inherit the yellow face, and half will inherit the mother's pied type.

You will only get recessive pied if the hen has a recessive pied gene and you will only get greywing if the **** has a greywing gene

·
Optimus Prime
4,046 Posts
assuming no splits:
blue- 100%
opaline- 100%
clearflight- 50% if mother is heterozygous clearflight (ie she has one gene for normal which is masked by the other clearflight gene), 100% if she is purebred clearflight (ie she has two clearflight genes)
yellowface there is a chance, but i dont understand yellowface genetics well.

otherwise, normal ;). i know nev already did it but i thought i would too just for fun :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.