Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have this pair shown on the picture underneath ( in the picture they are still very small budgies, I'm not interested in breeding them now, since they are about only 10 months old and it's summer and it's too hot)

I would like for when I breed them to know what kind of babies should I expect when they breed please ?? :D:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Joseph,
Well, the male is a cobalt and the female is a dilute. There is alot depending on the possible splits. From the looks of them you should get some cobalt and some skyblue, which will all be split for dilute. Now that they are older, check to see if the female has an iris around the eye, if not, then she is a recessive pied and if the male is split, you could get some recessive pied also. Hippie

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
You ought to move the cage -- beside smelly shoes and a GAS tank is no place for birds with sensitive lungs! :eek: The perches do not look appropriate either. Please read the health section before you even consider breeding.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would say you would get a high number of normal mauve chicks. It also looks like the male has a yellow face. If he does about half of the chicks would be yellow face. A small percentage maybe a surprise depending on what the birds are split for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dw Ambisense they've been there for only a few days, and the perches I changed themm as well :D those perches were included when I bought the cage and the owner of the pet store didn't have others, so I bought from another pet store after few days I bought them.

for photos I will take more laterz and will post them immediately :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so here are the pics :

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and bdw Hippie, the female doesn't have iris, but the male one do have :D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i would expect them to be blue normals, some with a yellow face like the male.

you won't get any recessive pieds like the hen unless the male is split for rec pied.

and you could get other varieties depending on what genes the parents are split for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one important question:

as I told you before I have this pair that are about 10 months old, and I never saw them feeding or giving any attention to each other, does this mean that they are not interested to each other?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Hello Joseph :)

10 Months is still too young to breed as you said before, different budgies mature at different rates and some dont show any signs of looking for a mate till they are older, which in this case is good! its best if they are between a year and a year and a half depending on the bird and when you think they are ready, its better to wait a little longer than not long enough since they can have breeding complications from being too young.

They may just know they are not ready for a family yet and still just geting to know eachother :) How long have you had them together? They could also just not be interested since the conditions are not right, lighting, nest box, egg food etc, which helps alot to get the nesting instincts going once they are old enough to have chicks :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello cutelilbirdies :D

Well, I just ask because I wasn't sure about it. They.ve been together since |I bought them that means 8 months. lightning they will have about 10 hours every day, they don't have a nest box since they are in breeding condition and I don't want them to breed now. Here in malta the best breeding season is at febuary, so I wait till then. They will be old enough for sure at that time hehe. I used to give them eggs, but they don't like it, they just throw it away from the bowl unfortunately :(

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
They are beautiful, but most of the pics have too much shadow. I look forward to seeing more of them around the forum,

·
<3
4,275 Posts
Sorry but that cage is very tiny... way to small for 2 birds

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's 20 inch * 13 inch * 14 inch, is it small?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Joseph,
The hen looks like a Dilute Clearflight Reccesive pied. You should get some clearflight chicks out of that. The clearflight gene is dominant to the normal. And depending on if she is single factor or double factor clearflight depends on how many clearflight chicks you will get. If all chicks are clearflight, then the hen is double factor.
Hope this helps, holler at me if you have any questions. Hippie

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
10x very much to all of you :D I just would like to know if the cage is small to breed them, so that if its small I buy a bigger one.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The hen might be a Double factor dominant pied...
Her wings looks like greywing, and her colours look diluted.
Take a picture of the cage full scale, so the whole cage is seen
in the picture. Also, those plastic perches are crapola!
you need to go and find so SAFE non toxic natural tree branches :)
you should do ALOT of research and look all around the site here :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I try to find some of those branches :D

These are the pics of the cage :

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dw people, it's not there proper place where I keep the budgies!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.