Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time figuring the blue out on these ones. and I need to get it figured out so I can get their hatch certificates written out, as they're weaned and ready to go :)

Parents are Bubblegum & Kirara

Bubblegum Also is he yellow face 2 or Golden face? His face is Very deep yellow in person (he's a Grey wing, Or a Full body Grey wing Even been told Clearwing LOL But I know its GREY something or another his Markings are grey his body is NOT diluted at all)

Front View

Kirara Fairly certain she's type 1 yellow face since it doesn't change her sky blue to a sea foam green color. - she's split to Greywing

Best front shot I can get of her (she sees a camera and gives me her back every time)

Both have a Violet factor btw

Oh and how in the world did i get a GREY out of 2 blue parents? it is NOT mauve the tiny cheek patches she does have are VIOLET Cheek patches!

The only idea I have is that she's actually a violet blue and the Grey wing is Washing out the color so much making her look grey.. But that's all i can come up with.. I'd also like to know why her cheek patches are So tiny!!! they don't show up in pictures I had to take her to my bathroom(better lights) to see anything and they're smaller then the edge of my pinky nail!!! while the other 2 born the same day she is Has perfectly fine sized Cheek Patches!

but here's the babies I thought maybe cobalt but doesn't seem dark enough, but its too dark for Sky blue Even too dark for Sky violet

I know She's yellow face, and Clear flight pied and well blue But what blue? i know its not sky blue

Yellow face Blue (unsure of blue)

Same one as above just a shot of her belly

The "grey" Grey wing - How'd I get Grey? I was trying to get out of Getting so many Grey budgies LOL

then the youngest (all the above 3 were born on the same day) this is also my little disabled baby

Yellow face - blue (??)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have no guesses on your colors but I must say that the tail feathers on the first two chicks are just amazingly pretty.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I was under the impression that clearwings could have "dirty" markings that show some grey, that would explain his undiluted color as clearwings do have full body color. He is so pretty. I really love the grey chick, can you post another pic or two? It looks to have clearwings that are really pretty clear.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was under the impression that clearwings could have "dirty" markings that show some grey, that would explain his undiluted color as clearwings do have full body color. He is so pretty. I really love the grey chick, can you post another pic or two? It looks to have clearwings that are really pretty clear.
I will try to get some more tomorrow they're asleep right now and that is the most updated one I have for the "Grey" baby

I've been told bubblegum was Clearwing But he just never matched the descriptions very much So i figured he wasn't.. But then again he doesn't match them for Grey wing or Full body greywing Very well either LOL

but hopefully the baby will hold still for me tomorrow He/she Likes to take off flying on me right when my camera finally focuses in so by the time I snap the pic he's already across the room lol

but I have accidentally called him a pied a couple times When he has NO pied markings what so ever. But the clear area of his wings Throws me off sometimes when I'm in a hurry and typing to one of my friends.

I'll go through some of the older pics I have of him see if any of those are more close up and clear. until i can get pics tomorrow (i need to get updated pics of all 6 that is in his cage anyway)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a couple from when he/she was much younger - For some reason the camera is not getting the markings very well Most likely because he/she is so pale

Not sure how well you can see anything in this one

Oh and don't mind some of them saying this one is baby 1 and some baby 3, I've learned my lesson when its late night and i'm a bit tired don't label pics LOL - but the older 3 were all hatched on the same day so they don't really have a baby 1, 2 or 3 LOL

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thanks for the pics, what a cutie! I have a thing for light wings. I recently had to rehome my 4 birds because I am moving, but someday....

I wonder what Nev thinks about the grey?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
he/she is definitely cute (and knows it lol)

I'm not even sure why it barely has any cheek patches They're so tiny they hardly ever show up in pics I had to take him/her into my bathroom and use the better lights to even find them to tell my friend what color they were LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.