Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i would like to know what i can breed with all this budgies, maybe an specific breed :D

MALES:

these two last budgies i'm not sure, they are very young...

FEMALES

all these pics are not are not new :) but the two youngest budgies pics are new :D

well now tell me what i could breed :budgie::D:budgie:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If you could tell us which birds you plan to pair together we could tell you what to expect. Or do you plan to colony breed?

Has the yellow hen got red eyes?

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
May I ask you how old these pictures are? :)
Some of the birds don't look old enough to be considered for breeding.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
blues, greens, opalines, maybe greywings...

potentially inos, and cinnamons...

it all depends on which you pair up, can't be more accurate without knowing that. also it depends on what genes they are split for so sometimes you get nice surprises that you couldn't have guessed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
teasha: yes, that's what i wanna know :D
nev90: i dont know which ones i should pair up, thats why i need your help, some recomendations...but no more colony breed, i've heard its not the best way :), and the yellow hen does have red eyes
zeena: the ages ... the first: i bought him october 2009, his cere was blue already.
then his son who was born november 2009, then i bought this march 2010. then two brothers who were born this year (march), then i found her october 2008, october 2009, november 2009, i dont remember very well but she got home last year (february or march), and th elast one november 2009...

i dont wanna breed riht now, i just wanna know what to expect, and aaaaafter it all wait the right time to make'em breed...

and to let u know:
the first budgie is the father of the 2º, 4º, 5º, 8º and 10º, the 9º budgie is the mother of them all.
now the 2º budgies has paired itself up with 6º.
the 9º budgie has changed her mate, now it is the 3º
and 4º its paired with 7º...well thats what happened in my cage

im asking u cuz i dont know what to do...i would like to get some nice birds :D
and do you think that i could breed some lacewings?

greetings

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
these are my thoughts...

pairing of budgie 2 = olive opaline/blue and budgie 6 = skyblue cinnamon opaline;

- they will have all opaline chicks, some dark green and some cobalt. some of the males will be split for cinnamon too.
the adult male may be split for ino, so you may get albino or lutino hens too.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
pairing of budgie 3 light green greywing= and budgie 9 =skyblue (or cobalt) opaline/greywing;

- if they are not split for anything else they will have light green or dark green normals and greywings, with the males split for opaline. If the **** is split for blue you will get blues also. if he is split for opaline you will get some opalines.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
pair of budgie 4 = dark green opaline greywing/blue and budgie 7 = violet recessive pied cinnamon hen.

- various shades of blue and green/blue, normal/cinnamon-recessive pied cocks and opaline/recessive pied hens.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
breeding lacewings can be done but you need specific birds and it takes a lot of breeding, search for lacewings on the forum and you will find a thread about it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
these are my thoughts...

pairing of budgie 2 = olive opaline/blue and budgie 6 = skyblue cinnamon opaline;

- they will have all opaline chicks, some dark green and some cobalt. some of the males will be split for cinnamon too.
the adult male may be split for ino, so you may get albino or lutino hens too.
but you told me that B2 is dark green not olive...and B6 is not cinnamon is greywing...

but thanks :)

ill think about everything u said :D:D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
oops, i was just going on what i could see from the photos, maybe i should have checked on the previous threads too.... will look again.

i imagine you would get more people with replies if you did smaller threads. maybe a thread for each pair? it is a bit overwhelming to be asked to do multiple pairs at a time...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
but you told me that B2 is dark green not olive...and B6 is not cinnamon is greywing...

but thanks :)

ill think about everything u said :D:D
ok, so if b2 is dark green then it just means you could get more shades of green or blue - light green and dark green, skyblue and cobalt.

so all the chicks will be opaline, if the male is split for greywing you may get some opaline greywings too.

the hen looked like she had brown markings so that is why i guessed cinnamon, but it is probably just the photo.

hope that helps.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Sorry I haven't had time to answer your thread. Toni has given you some excellent advice.

Breeding lacewings from cinnamons & inos requires a good knowledge of genetics and several generations to produce a very small number of lacewings. You would be better to try and find some foundation lacewing birds to breed from

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.