1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he comes out 100% different in pics than he is in person lol

but The bird in Question is Bubblegum

I know YF 2 (and golden face)changes Sky blue to the sea green color

but WHAT blue does YF change to make it look Grass Green??? the shade doesn't match any of the normal greens It's entirely different from them as well and the only shade of green I can compare it to I know very well it's no sea green (I have plenty of those and know the difference)

but He has always looked like he has a Tank top type shirt on :giggle: his upper chest is "Grass Green" then there is a "V" like a V neck shirt has and its a funky blue with purple mixed in (you can see the purple well when he lifts his wings on his sides right where the wings lay flat against their body on their sides) then there's another "line/break" and it's a mix of the Grass Green, Yellow, Funky blue and violet

This is the best pic i have and even it doesn't show the true colors The green is Darker on his chest then in this pic(but at least its not making it sea green like the others lol) the blue isn't this Bright and towards the bottom of his belly it's a mixture of all the colors I listed above which doesn't show up in this pic at all.

Everything I read always says the YF2 (and Golden face) changes sky blue to sea green, but when it comes to Cobalt or Mauve it never gives any specific details just says "it changes the color" - Well ya I know that! LOL but to what does it change it?

if it helps Bubblegum is a Golden face Blue Grey wing, I've been told he does look like he may be a Fully Body Grey wing, because his Body color is NOT diluted or lightened at all He's actually very brightly colored and People have called him a "rainbow" because he has so many different colors going through him I just wish Pictures would show his true colors because he does have a lot of Very pretty colors going all through the front of his body and I've even said he's a "rainbow of colors" - but always explain I don't mean the Actual Mutation of Rainbow ;)

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
I am thinking your bird may be a DF GF.... Or just goldenface. Do you have any pictures of his back as well, with no flash? By the sound's of it, he is opaline, but we need to know what else is going on with his mutations....He must have some type of mutation going through him like greywing or clearwing, as his cheek patches look to be light grey.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking your bird may be a DF GF.... Or just goldenface. Do you have any pictures of his back as well, with no flash? By the sound's of it, he is opaline, but we need to know what else is going on with his mutations....He must have some type of mutation going through him like greywing or clearwing, as his cheek patches look to be light grey.
he's not Opaline(not even split to it) and I mentioned in my 1st post he's grey wing - but some have said he looked full body grey wing specially when they find out his body color is not diluted or lightened in any way

Here are more pics - Just ignore the body color he's really not that bright blue... and I was told he's a SF Golden Face

and one from when I first got him in 2009

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts

he's not Opaline(not even split to it) and I mentioned in my 1st post he's grey wing - but some have said he looked full body grey wing specially when they find out his body color is not diluted or lightened in any way

Sorry, I didn't see the end. I believe he is a sky blue, due to the colour of his tail. The patches of green would be where the suffusion has come through, I would be tempted to say he is a DF GF....

GF is a strong golden coloured face but also have strong yellow suffusion through the body colour. That would mean he has a strong, even suffusion of yellow through-out.

For example - A GF Grey. The yellow has come through so strongly, he looks like a grey-green.

DF GF though, is restricting it almost to face areas only but retaining the strong golden pigment on the face.

You can see on this bird, even though a pied, that it has splashes of white and yellow suffusion through the wings.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does the DF Golden face work just like the type 2 yellow face. meaning if paired to a non yellow face(or non golden face) you only get some yellow faces and they'd be in the sf form?

If he's Sky blue why didn't his blue turn to sea green? All mine that are sky blue and have yellow or golden faces their sky blue turns sea green he's the only one I have that has Dark Green instead.

this is his daughter - her mom is a DF Dominant & recessive pied Pied Sky blue(non yellow face) this is the only baby of his I've kept so far.

Her yellow turned her blue sea green and she is Actually Bright in person not dull Like the grey wings are supposed to be, she's a grey wing as well and she's Dominant pied from her mom

best belly shot I have gotten so far from her- she knows what a camera is :giggle:

he was Also put with a Yellow Face and I didn't get all yellow face babies -

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.