Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
seeing as i suck with budgie colors does anyone know what color hailey i will try to get a better picture

Edit i updated the pictures the best i could hailey was not making it easy

pictures are gone

·
~Crazy Bird Lady~
2,309 Posts
I'm going to have a go and say YF Opaline Clearflight Pied Cobalt. I can not tell if her yellow goes into the wings in that pic. If so she would be type 2.

This is going strictly on what my Paulie is, as they look so similar. I can post a pic of him if you would like.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I don't see the pied, and it could be violet I can't tell but it is Yellow Face and Opaline so its either yellow face Opaline cobalt or yellow face Opaline Violet

My Jessie is Yellow Face Violet Opaline

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will try to get a better picture of her later without the flash

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is a yellow face opaline clearflight pied cobalt. She has clear flight feathers like a dominant pied but doesn't appear to have the clear area on the front so she is a clearflight pied rather than a dominant pied like the other bird in the 1st picture. If she has been through her moult then the yellow face could be type 1 as there is very little yellow spreading.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nev i just got her last night so i have no idea if she's been though her moult. I really don't even know what a moult is i am still learning

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
nev i just got her last night so i have no idea if she's been though her moult. I really don't even know what a moult is i am still learning
you didn't quarantine her!? you just got her and you have her sitting right beside your other bird

You really should quarantine - separate rooms separate cages for at least 30 days no less then that

Molting is similar to a dog shedding, Birds molt several times a year to shed out old feathers for new feathers to grow in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.