Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new budgie, Misty ,she is grey,w/ grey cheek patches & black throat spots ,you can see more pics of here here http://budgies2010.weebly.com

im wondering technically speaking what color is she considered ? :confused1:

·
Registered
434 Posts
She looks just like my Charlie. You have a very pretty normal grey budgie there!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok so shes considered normal grey then ?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is an opaline grey. The opaline mutation causes the wing pattern your bird has which is quite different from a normal wing pattern

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ! Whats the difference between a normal grey & slate ? is slate just a darker shade ? I had no idea she was opaline, her wing markings look regular to me lol ....its so interesting all the amazing colors & mutations in budgies !!!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Thanks ! Whats the difference between a normal grey & slate ? is slate just a darker shade ? I had no idea she was opaline, her wing markings look regular to me lol ....its so interesting all the amazing colors & mutations in budgies !!!
Slate doesn't look very different from grey except that it is usually darker. The way the gene is inherited is very different. You're not likely to see a slate because they are extremely rare

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well just the same id like a Slate & an Anthracite as well ...but Im just thrilled w/ Misty ! Thanks so much for all the help !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.