Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what color this budgie is? The photos make him look much more blue than he actually is. In person, his chest is medium grey and his rump is a fairly dark blue-grey. His cheek patches are navy blue. Thank you in advance for the help!
fr_908_size1024.jpg
fr_904_size1024.jpg

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hmm I am not too good with mutations but I would say either a mauve or a violet grey. Maybe try posting this under the mutations and genetics section on the forum and see what they think. It's under the budgie breeding section. Hopefully someone else can be of more help. He is a beautiful budgie! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help! He is a really pretty budgie, but I don't get to keep him. He is going to be a gift for my grandparents. They just have one budgie right now because their male passed away last year. So now they will have a pair again.

I realized right after I posted that it should have been in the Mutations and Genetics section. But I don't know how to move it over there and didn't want to double post. So if a moderator wants to move it, that's fine with me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I look at him closer, I can definitely see the violet on his rump feathers. I'm not sure why I didn't notice that before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.