Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new little girl Ginger. I'm wondering what color mutaitons are affecting her color. I'm having a hard time figureing out whether she's greywing or cinnamon. Her cheeck patch is light purple. About her wings, is she a clearwing? I'm trying to remember from everything I've been reading. I'm hope I'm remembing right or is it something else? I am very much enjoying this forum and I'm learning so much. :) I'm thinking of pairing her up with type 2 yellowface greywing blue male. Hopefully I'll get some pretty babies from the pair but I'll have to wait until Ginger is old enough of course.

---- Kimberley Smith

Attachments

·
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,532 Posts
Wow the yellow on her face is intense... could she be a golden face or can you get them in green series?? What ever she is she is VERY pretty.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I think she's actually a blue series just don't see any blue

My Guess is Other than an absolute doll

is a yellow face type 2 Grey wing Clear flight pied

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all! No I don't see any blue on her. Her body is yellow with a hint of green. Her purple cheeck marking though is interesting though. OOoo I just remembered. Cinnamon would have brown/tan cheeck markings right? so she's gotta be a greywing. I'm trying my hardest to learn (and remember) the tell-tale markings. I'm happy she's a greywing. Wow, I can hardly wait to see what others think her color is.

OOooo Pied? Really? Curious why... I don't see any white markings on her.
I saw that on the Budgie and Parakeet Place website it has Clearflight pied but didn't see any solid colored budgies. I also was reading this website > http://puppiesareprozac.com/budgie-parakeet/colors-varieties-mutations-genetics/

It mentions clearwing which seems to describe why her color is bright. Maybe it's the type 2 yellow face also that is also making her so yellow? Is clearwing and clearflight the same or different?

Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts on her.

--- Kimberley Smith

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
if you look at the back of her head she has a tiny clear patch(this can also be big or small) her flight feathers are clear and her tail feathers are clear - they have a grey hue to them since she's Grey wing - that's how i'm thinking she's a clear flight pied

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi,

Ahh okay. Thank you! I took a look at her again and she has a couple tiny patches on her head that is missing some striping but still yellow. I don't know what her parents were or any of her genetic background.

I'm curious, do you think there would be a chance to have pied babies if her mate was a type 2 yellowface greywing? Or maybe most of the babies would have the tiny head markings? I just looked at the little boy I'm thinking of putting he with in the future, and he too has a tiny yellow spot on the back of his head. A little bit bigger though. Here is Paulie's picture. I also have another male, Tucker that looks like Paulie but Tucker is bright mint green colored. Hmmmm... Maybe Tucker should be her future mate instead. :) I'm thinking maybe two bright colors might make some pretty babies but then again I have no idea what the parents looked like for any of my budgies. I'm just so curious what I 'might' get and what colors my budgies are so that I can record their color in a database I'm working on.

---- Kimberley Smith

Attachments

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i think she may be a dilute as her body colour would be normal strength green if she was a clearwing. dilute would reduce the strength of the wing markings and the body colour greatly.

there may be something else, maybe cinnamon, acting on the body colour too as it is very pale.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is a Type 2 yellow face dilute. Her body colour could have been grey before the yellow spread. I agree with Toni that she could also be cinnamon. She is not any type of pied.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Nev! :) I think it will be really interesting in the future what color babies she'll have with her mate. I will surely share some pictures of the outcome when the first clutch starts to get their feathers.

---- Kimberley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.