Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am still getting used to mutations and colours just know the breeding side so fa can any one tell me what colours these babies would make and what mutations they are if possible.
Pic one is Bubbles on left Violet on right (already a pair)
pic2 Dinkey Left Ollie Right (already a pair)
pic 3 Zohan who is paird with Chrissey the lutino hen on right. Ava the white albino hen hasnt got partner yet want more albinos
what colour should i put to get violets and what colour to get more like zohan and the lutiono and the white albino.Thanks
My other budgies n aviary are male colbat,Grey grey wing male, recessive pied femalesx2 some others but dont know what colours u would call them.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
i could have a guess at there mutations, but im new too:)
bubbles=cobalt spangle
violet=normal violet
dinkey=yellow face type 2 normal skyblue
olllie=normal light green
Zohan=cobalt reccesive pied(spelling maybe wrong)
Chrissey=lutino
ava=albino

dont know wether you are asking for these birds mutations or the babies so this might be useless,they may even be wrong:D

if you want to the clutch outcome, maybe you can use the genetic calculator?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i am trying to get some more babies like the parents colours lke want to know what coulour to put with what to get a lutiono and the same to get a albino and more colbats and violets still have a lot to learn with the mutations. Its my 2nd year at breeding. I have a mumma and poppa n breeding cage atm they r normal grey with colbat lemon face male am hoping to get more lemon faces. Our breding season is nearly hea in New zealand but all my birds are in breeding mode now and aviary is warm and draft free where breeding cage is so all is good in that side things

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I have't time at the moment to answer this fully but here are a couple of points.

A violet mated to any blue bird will produce some violets

To get an albino or lutino chick the father must have an ino gene so if you want albino or lutino chicks one of your ino hens should be mated to a male that is split for ino

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have only one comment at that is regarding pic 2. Both birds in that pic are just babies and far too young to breed. Is this an older photo of the pair?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have only one comment at that is regarding pic 2. Both birds in that pic are just babies and far too young to breed. Is this an older photo of the pair?
Oh yea know they are to young to breed not there turn till nxt spring thy are only 5mnths old i breed them two also they are not related. were curious as to what colour babies they would make when was there turn. Thanks for the reply the photo was only taken mnth ago of them but yea just were keen to know mutations on ones who were paird for when they can breed as to what colours the babies would come out but i am still not to sure if i should breed from the hen in pic two (the one on left Dinkey) as her growth was stunted from mumma budgie leaving her to die when she was a real bubba that when i stood n and was mumma budgie lol she one my baby girls. Just like i am not to sure on breeding my kiki who has one slightly splay leg but gets around like the rest of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.