Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What colour is Chicken MacLickin - Updated Pics

Can some one please tell me what colour green Chicken MacLikcin is please.

His mum is a opaline light green
dad is violet spangle.

Is it possible that he is a green violet? (if that exists)
his plumage has splodges or blue in it.
Also is he an opaline? i can never tell when it comes to spangles :p

He looks a lot lighter in these pictures than he really is.

as a baby! :D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
He looks like a she from the pictures but I cant see the cere colour properly to tell for sure.

Regardless, it is a Spangle opaline green. Patches of blue are common in all greens, be they adult or chicks. It gives no indication about whether they are split for blue or otherwise, it is a natural occurence and more common in dark greens than light greens but common enough in all greens not to matter :p Could very well be a violet green but the colour quality is very difficult to assess as the lighting is all over the place :p Ideally we would need a good macro-mode shot in natural room or sun light without flash.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
He looks like a she from the pictures but I cant see the cere colour properly to tell for sure.

Regardless, it is a Spangle opaline green. Patches of blue are common in all greens, be they adult or chicks. It gives no indication about whether they are split for blue or otherwise, it is a natural occurence and more common in dark greens than light greens but common enough in all greens not to matter :p Could very well be a violet green but the colour quality is very difficult to assess as the lighting is all over the place :p Ideally we would need a good macro-mode shot in natural room or sun light without flash.
Learn something new everyday :)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. I have more pics of him standing against his mum. I shall upload them so you can have a better look. :)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is the dad, Blue.

MacLickin (left) with mum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.