Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what colour and mutation my budgie is and of its a special colour! I would also like to know what others look for in there young ( colour, mutations, wings etc). I own Aussie budgies

Attachments

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,156 Posts
:wave: G'day

I suck at the mutation names, but you have a truly :love: BEAUTIFUL budgie there! All budgies are Australian - even the "English bred" ones. No DNA difference at all apparently.

It's just that the fluffy type showed up wayyyy back when, then other breeders had a fluffy feathered type and so they put those two together, and got more ... and when they consistently got a 'type', they gave it a name. Same deal with the colours. ALL budgies started out as your basic green and yellow.

Anyhow, you've found the best budgie site on the web, in my opinion. Everyone here just wants to help budgies. Personalities are secondary! That said, the people are all pretty cool too! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I was trying to specify what type I had I didn't know what to call the pet ones? I am new to breeding and I have seven babies between two pairs that are all different colours. I have had a clutch before which was my first but they were all creaminos but I had to replace the male as he died and my other budgie decided to finally breed now :). Do you have budgies and do you breed them? What things do you look for when you breed them?

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
From what I can see it looks like a recessive pied, I think your have a couple of these. Also saw a normal green amongst your babies. It helps to know what the parents a or see pics of the parents and which babies belong to the same clutch.

One of our forum members has an awesome site to help you indentify your birds mutations. You might like to go and check it out, it also has a guide on what to expect from mating combinations.

http://cutelittlebirdiesaviary.weebly.com/budgie-mutation-and-color-guide.html

Hope that helps.

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,156 Posts
To me, all budgies are pets :D

BUT, "English bred" aka Exhibition budgies, are for showing - no idea why really though. To me, the fluffy feathers, whilst very cute, cover up their 'lines', so to me, it'd be like .... trying to judge a fine thoroughbred hose, all covered in wool.
:giggle:

Personally, I think if those of us who have the beautiful "regular" little budgie all started turning up at shows with our beauties, they would HAVE to start looking at them and giving out awards.

I'm just too scared of exposing my babies to other budgies who might have germs like ... mega bacteria, beak and feather disease or pssiticosis ...

My son brought in a disease to his chickens after buying some showbird Rhodes from a fowl show - he quarantined and all, but the birds had Mareks and died horribly. And because we have wild topknot pigeons who visit all the chicken yards, they must have spread it and a few others who must not have been vaccinated also died, from Mareks.

It has made me extraordinarily fearful of any shows where the birds are close together.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is mum budgie

This is the mum budgie

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This is the same baby as above

Will this pic help this is the budgie above

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a baby in the same clutch she had four babies

This is another baby from same clutch

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the third baby

This is the third baby from the clutch

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the last baby from this clutch

The last one.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dad

His is the one I believe is dad because he feeds them and goes in nest box with hen (the green and yellow one) the Blue and white one at the back was my spare male so he might have had some fun to lol but the hens don't seem to like him near the boxes so hard to tell.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.