Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have a couple budgies.
Double factor spangle yellow male ( his father and mother are double factor spangle yellow) and rainbow female.
What will be their babys colours?

Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

it is hard to tell without pictures of the rainbow, as they are often not the same as the 'official' rainbow mix of varieties.

however, with one parent being a df spangle you can be sure of all spangle babies, probably greens.

G

·
A rainbow budgie is a composite mix of yellow face type2, clearwing and opaline in a blue series bird. Does your rainbow has these mutations ?

Whatever it is, when one parent is a DF spangle mates with a non-spangle, all chicks will be 100% spangle. However the chicks will also be split for other mutations depending on the sex-linked (opaline for example) or non-sex-linked mutations (clearwing for example).

Do show us a picture of the parents-to-be.

G

·
Thats the photos of my couple :)

http://i1011.hizliresim.com/2010/11/26/2744.jpg

thank you...
The parents are both spangles, and not a rainbow hen. In fact, your hen is a yellow face type 2 cobalt spangle.

DF spangle **** mates with a YF type2 spangle hen will produce 50% double factor spangles and 50% single factor spangle. If the **** is not split for blue, you will get 100% green series chicks, meaning DF yellow spangles (just like the dad) and SF spangles of lightgreen, darkgreen and maybe olives depending on the dark factor of the ****.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.