Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm not great at genetics but I will give this one a try. Your results will probably be skewed because I'm not sure if either of the birds are carrying any other traits that you aren't seeing. The babies will have 100% normal wing pattern. You will have more greens than blues. If you have blues they might turn out skyblue with a yellow face. There is a smaller chance of cobalt blues with white *****. Now if there are any hidden genes my answers could be completely wrong but there is my guess. It would help if you knew what the parents looked like.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your pictures are a bit small so I can't be sure of the hens mutation but I think she is a normal dark green. The **** bird is opaline sky blue

All the female chicks will be opaline and the male chicks will be normal split for opaline. If the hen is not split for blue all the chicks will be green series. If she is split for blue you'll get about half blue and half green

The birds could be carrying genes for other mutations that could appear in up to 25% of the chicks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks and i really dont know how looks the parents of this birds,but i just was want to know bicouse its very interesting abaut mutations:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.