Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i know have photos to add of my beautiful birds:D so if anybody could let me know what colour and mutations each of them have, that would be more than great :D as i really do not understand mutations & genetics lol:eek:

I will put names above all pictures as I have taken more than one pic for some of my budgies :D
Chico

Rhayne & Skylar

Rhayne &Skylar

chico & boody

Boody

chico & boody

boody & lemony

Sherbet

Sherbet

jellybean

jellybean & bonbon

jellybean & bonbon

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just going to bump this up for you danakay91. It seems to have got lost. I can't help with the mutations myself but I am sure there are plenty here who can and will :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok, let's see what I can do here. The "Chico" looks like a sky blue opaline and yellowface type II.

The budgie (close to the camera) in #2, looks like a gray factor (white based) spangle, or possibly a gray factor clearwing.

And the one next to it my best guess is a (white based) cinnamon dominant pied.

"Broody", looks like a (yellow based) spangle, or it could be an olive clearwing.

"Lemony" looks like a cinnamon grey factor (yellow based), or an olive cinnamon, (it would help if I could see the back of it's head).

"Sherbert" appears to be a dark green recessive pied (yellow based).

"Jellybean" is a sky blue opaline cinnamon yellowface type I.

"Bonbon" is either an albino (red eyes) or a double factor spangle (dark eyes). I'll let you judge that one.

·
Member of the Month
5,530 Posts
I have no idea about mutations. You have gorgous budgies! It looks like you have sand paper perches- they need removing. They are awful to a budgies feet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your replies :D, should i replace the perches with natural branches?
I read to cover plastic perches with sandpaper covers would branches be better?
thanks again

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Sand perches are not good for budgies' feet and actually cause sores and irritation.
I would just give them a few natural perches in there and it would be perfect :)

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Your budgies are beautiful. I really like the budgie close to the camera in picture 2. He is just like my english spangle. I lost him today. All of your flock is so pretty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.