Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male lutino budgie (Fruity) and my hen (Laila) im not sure what her colur is will post a photo have their first of their five eggs if all goes well is due to hatch on wednesday what is the possible colour outcome for the clutch ?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Let's say that neither bird is split or masking any other mutation. You will get lutinos - it will be hensj and green spanglesj normal greens. Some of the lutinos may also be spangle but you wouldn't be able to see it - we say that the ino gene is masking the spangle. I think you are going to get some surprises! Keep us update, please!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I agree with dries. Your clutch will have...
All Latino females about half of the females will also be spangle but the Latino will mask it.
50 normal male
50 spangle males
All should have a green body color unless both are split for blue.
your female also maybe opaline. This means your male chicks will all be split for opaline. And if your male is split or masking opaline you will have some male opaline chicks.
And this is just if both birds aren't split for anything. Good luck (sorry about Latino it auto corrects it is spelled with a u)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Lutino **** X Spangle Green Hen

50% of the chicks could be Green Spangles.
All female chicks will be Lutinos.
50% of the chicks could be Normal Greens.

You wouldn't know if your female chicks will be spangles unless you breed them to a Normal male and receive spangle chicks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.