Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

These babies are 7 weeks old. As large as a regular budgie already. They groom themselves often, their feathers are not growing, they are unable to get on a perch yet as they are large, heavy birds.

I first thought "feather duster", but they don't seem to fit that description. Has anyone seen mutations like these?

There were two regular looking babies and three of these longer feather mutations. Their is show stock in the father and I figuered there is also some inbreeding in him to produce these babies.

I wonder about their life span.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Could you post some pictures? They could be "split" for feather duster (I don't know a better word to use, but it would still be expressed to an extent.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Pictures are useful

there's also a genetic disorder called Long feather if I remember right I can't seem to find the info on it right now though but its similar to a feather duster only instead of the feathers growing non stop like a feather duster they grow extremely too long

can't be split to feather duster its not a mutation its a genetic disorder that kills the birds before most even get to turn 1 yr old

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm sorry, I tried posting pictures and nothing happened. I'll keep trying. I haven't been on for awhile and I'm not sure how to do this.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sorry, I was going based off of a vague memory of this, but apparently it was a half-sider anyway. So it WAS technically half feather duster.

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
To post pictures you have to click on this icon (looks like a mountain with a sun).

First you have to get the pictures URL which you can do by right clicking a picture, scrolling to propeties and then copy and pasting the link into the box that appers however using photobucket is a much easier way as you just upload the photo and copy the URL like so

And then paste that into here and you should have a picture :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
if your pics are on Photo bucket just hit the last link that says IMG then paste that here in the box where you type

if its on your computers hard drive Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of this box you type in scroll down a bit and hit Manage attachments a new box opens click the 1st one that says browse find the pic click it hit the button on that box if you have more pics continue to do that until either your done or it won't let you load any more then click Upload and wait for it to load up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.