Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what mutation she is? I've never seen it before, and I fell in complete love with her. :D

Any ideas?;)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I've never seen one like her either. She looks to me to be a Type 2 yellow face opaline dominant pied dilute

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! :) Wow, Nev's never seen one like her either! That's amazing lol :XD: Yea, I feel so bad for the budgies at the pet shop here.. They always do such a horrible job when they clip their wings. But other than that they're very well taken care of.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HELP! lol

Wow, I'm still very confused. I've been researching mutations quite a bit, and my little girl confuses the heck outta me.:S I know she's an opaline, but if she is not spangle as well, why don't her wings have black markings? The markings aren't even grey, they're just a blueish/green color. I also know she's white based, but she has absolutely NO blue on her, except for her wing markings...? I'm not even sure if her markings are blue or not, it's sooo hard to tell! Plus, she has white cheek patches! Arrrgh! Haha well one thing I know for sure, she is definitely one of a kind! :p

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Wow, I'm still very confused. I've been researching mutations quite a bit, and my little girl confuses the heck outta me.:S I know she's an opaline, but if she is not spangle as well, why don't her wings have black markings? The markings aren't even grey, they're just a blueish/green color. I also know she's white based, but she has absolutely NO blue on her, except for her wing markings...? I'm not even sure if her markings are blue or not, it's sooo hard to tell! Plus, she has white cheek patches! Arrrgh! Haha well one thing I know for sure, she is definitely one of a kind! :p
The dilute gene makes both the wing markings and the body colour much lighter. She is probably sky blue that is so diluted that all you can see is white. When the dilute mutation first appeared they were called whites, yellows or black eyed selfs, but now days most of them show blue or green colouring so the term dilute is usually used. Her yellow body colour comes from the type 2 yellow face spreading. Her pied type is definately dominant pied.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.