Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of my babies from Spade(a grey df violet, split ino and cinnamon) and Bianca (a albino masking cinnamon, and possibly spangle and opaline) has me guessing. I thought she was just albino when she was born, but now that her feathers are starting to come out a little I am wondering, as her 2 main tail feathers are light brown, and it looks like she might have the same coloring coming through on her shoulders and wings too. She also has a bit of color in her cheek patches it looks like.

I cant find any pictures of any baby lacewings to compare, and after trying to breed a lacewing for over 4 years I am a little anxious to know what this little girl is :D

If you dont think lacewing, what do you think could be causing it? I know she is still young so if it is still too early to tell I understand and will post more as she feathers out :)

Here are some pics. One of her, and one of her(baby 2) and her albino sister(baby 4) for comparison. Her tail quills are not light pink like a normal albino, but dark browinish in color.

If anyone can give me some advice on what they think I would really appreciate it :)

And if you have any pics of baby lacewings around this age, or young I would absolutly love to see them!

Thanks everyone! :D

Attachments

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bet it is! I mean I don't know for sure but I have all my fingers crossed! *gets cage and jumps in a car full of gas*
I hope so! I keep going to the bird room and looking at her hoping more feathers have come out :rolleyes:

They seem to grow so fast except when you want then too! :D

·
Registered
5,665 Posts

I hope so! I keep going to the bird room and looking at her hoping more feathers have come out :rolleyes:

They seem to grow so fast except when you want then too! :D
I don't blame you, I would be too, keep us posted. It would belovely for you to have a lacewing.

Keep an eye out for Teasha though. She is blonde and can be easily spotted ducking in and out of the shrubbery trying to budgienap ;)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I don't blame you, I would be too, keep us posted. It would belovely for you to have a lacewing.

Keep an eye out for Teasha though. She is blonde and can be easily spotted ducking in and out of the shrubbery trying to budgienap ;)
Hmm blonde? *looks at hair?*

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hmm blonde? *looks at hair?*
Haha! Teasha knows she can come budgie nap any of my babies as long as she lets me know she is coming :D

Except for this one if it is a lacewing :laughing:

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
O man - I was doing you a favour so she wouldn't spot you ....... you blown it now girl and if she catches you - the feds are coming this time *face palm*
What! You two are in this together!? :eek:

I should have known... :smash: *tries to get rid of evidence of all babies from comp and talk budgies so as to be able to keep a few*

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
From your description she sounds like a lacewing. Fingers crossed. Good luck!

I study my chicks at this age too to try to decide if they are lacewing or not. The lacewings that are quite pale can be very hard to pick for a start. Usually you can see a tinge of cinnamon.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
One of my babies from Spade(a grey df violet, split ino and cinnamon) and Bianca (a albino masking cinnamon, and possibly spangle and opaline) has me guessing. I thought she was just albino when she was born, but now that her feathers are starting to come out a little I am wondering, as her 2 main tail feathers are light brown, and it looks like she might have the same coloring coming through on her shoulders and wings too. She also has a bit of color in her cheek patches it looks like.

I cant find any pictures of any baby lacewings to compare, and after trying to breed a lacewing for over 4 years I am a little anxious to know what this little girl is :D

If you dont think lacewing, what do you think could be causing it? I know she is still young so if it is still too early to tell I understand and will post more as she feathers out :)

Here are some pics. One of her, and one of her(baby 2) and her albino sister(baby 4) for comparison. Her tail quills are not light pink like a normal albino, but dark browinish in color.

If anyone can give me some advice on what they think I would really appreciate it :)

And if you have any pics of baby lacewings around this age, or young I would absolutly love to see them!

Thanks everyone! :D
if he/she is a lacewing how you got it is easy :D a Lace wing is a ino(albino or Lutino) combined with cinnamon and since dad is split to both albino and cinnamon and mom is Albino and cinnamon You were bound to get some :D

all i gotta say is if he/she is LUCKY YOU i've been trying for 4 years and have not succeed yet! LOL doesn't help when my only Cinnamon is a sky blue male with no Ino gene and I have no Cinnamon females

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From your description she sounds like a lacewing. Fingers crossed. Good luck!

I study my chicks at this age too to try to decide if they are lacewing or not. The lacewings that are quite pale can be very hard to pick for a start. Usually you can see a tinge of cinnamon.
Thank you Nev! That is all I can see is a little bit of cinnamon on the tail feathers for sure so far.

She could be an opaline and even spangle so this could make her markings even harder to see unfortunatly depending on what Bianca is masking. I absolutly for sure see color in the tail though... we'll see and I am keeping my fingers crossed! :D

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if he/she is a lacewing how you got it is easy :D a Lace wing is a ino(albino or Lutino) combined with cinnamon and since dad is split to both albino and cinnamon and mom is Albino and cinnamon
Yes I have been pairing for 4 years trying to get my cinnamon and ino genes on the same birds for this... I just hope the two have FINALLY fused since the odds of it are against me, and she is actually a lacewing :D time will tell! I can't find one within 10 states of me to save my life!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.