Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is another of Spade and Biancas babys, I thought he was just a normal grey pied until his tail and wing feathers started to come out... now I dont know what he is. Any ideas? Just a strangly marked violet pied?

The color coming in on his chest looks like a grey/blueish that is washed out. His 2 main tail feathers are very dark, maybe black, but all the rest are bright violet blue. His cheek patches dont look normal but its still a little hard to tell the exact color as they have not fully come out yet.

He has washed out wings in some places but not all, and markings at the tips especially are like a grizzled grey, and he has white wing tips on his primary flights like I have not seen either but not the whole feather, just the tips.

He also has very strange pied markings, 1 feather in the middle of his right wing, 3 in the middle of his left that are not all white either but kind of grey flecked. And a pied spot on the back of his head.

Any ideas? Or just a strangly marked violet pied?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I agree the markings look a bit strange but it must be recessive pied, which means both parents must be split. Recessive pieds can vary from just a few clear feathers to large clear areas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.